microDimensions today released a major update of its flagship product Voloom, the fastest software in its class to reconstruct serial sections and facilitate 3D histology. microDimensions Voloom 2.4 can export fully aligned sections in a resolution four times higher than the screen resolution. They can be stored as image series or 3D volumes in the TIFF, IMS (Bitplane Imaris), or MHA (ITK MetaImage) file formats.
- it now supports reading Hamamatsu NDPI and Aperio SVS confocal images and Z stacks,
- handling of electron microscopy images is improved,
- wrong or missing metadata can be corrected by manually specifying in-plane pixel spacing and background color,
- the user interface was improved,
- and, besides other enhancements, saving and loading on Korean Windows installations was fixed.
For more information please visit the Voloom product page micro-dimensions.com/voloom.
We sincerely invite you to register for one of our upcoming free webinars on volumetric histology in order to get an insight into the features and capabilities of Voloom. The next demo webinars are scheduled for:
- Thursday, 9 July 2015, 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 18:00 CEST
- Monday, 17 August 2015, 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 17:00 CEST
- Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 10:00 CEST / 17:00 JST
Register now at micro-dimensions.com/webinars.